From its sweeping views of the Los Angeles basin to its beautiful gardens and world-class art collection, the Getty Center is a true treasure. Located right off the 405 not far from our hotel, this incredible museum features a wide variety of artwork from diverse genres, eras, and locations.
Currently at the Getty, you'll find a unique selection of temporary exhibits that showcase the museum's unique diversity. Greek sculptures, Russian dancers, and Medieval artists all dazzle with their originality and craftsmanship. See an intriguing exhibit on mass media, and learn about the life of J. Paul Getty himself. Current exhibitions include:
- Remembering Antiquity: The Ancient World through Medieval Eyes (through May 28)
- The Sculptural Line (through April 16)
- Bouchardon: Royal Artist of the Enlightenment (through April 2)
- Breaking News: Turning the Lens on Mass Media (through April 30)
- Fashionable Likeness: Pastel Portraits in 18th-Century Britain (through May 7)
- Degas: Russian Dancers and the Art of Pastel (through May 7)
- Greek and Roman Sculpture from the Santa Barbara Museum of Art (through May 1)
- Paul Getty Life and Legacy (ongoing)
- The Life of Art: Context, Collecting, and Display (ongoing)
And of course, you can also explore the museum's immense permanent collection. The Getty is located at 1200 Getty Center Drive, just 4.5 miles from our luxury hotel. Stay with us and enjoy a convenient location with easy access to all the best things to do in Los Angeles. Would you like to know more? Please contact us today.