Job Openings at Beverly Hills Plaza Hotel & Spa
Job Title: Reservationist
Job Id: 0614200
Job Location: Beverly Hills, California, USA
Key Skills: Excellent Selling Capabilities And The Ability And Desire To Coach Selling Techniques To Team Members
Experience: 0 - 3 Years
Department: Front Office
- Approach all encounters with guests and employees in a friendly service-oriented manner.
- Answer all incoming calls promptly in a friendly efficient and courteous manner.
- Be able to answer guest inquiries about hotel services facilities.
- Book room reservations while focusing on maximizing room revenue and average rate using standard company rate quoting scenario at all times.
- Handles daily correspondence. Responds to inquiries and makes reservations as needed.
- Communicate and work closely with the Front Desk department concerning reservations.
- Manage third party sites and agents to establish rates, negotiate prices, ensure proper implementation of reservations procedures, and maximize conversion ratios in order to achieve targets for the department.
- Monitor daily sales activity and alert Reservations Manager.
- Assist as needed at the Frond Desk and be able to perform all duties of Reservations Agent.
- Prepares letters of confirmation.
- Communicates reservation information to the front desk.
- Processes cancellations and modifications and promptly relays this information to the front desk.
- Processes advance deposits on reservations.
- Promotes goodwill by beings courteous, friendly, and helpful to guests, managers, and fellow employees.
Reports to: Reservations Manager
Position Type: Hourly
Position Summary: The Room Reservationist is responsible for handling reservations in a friendly and efficient manner and quoting available rates to maximize room revenue and average rate according to Hotel standards. Responds to communications from guests, travel agents, and referral networks concerning reservations arriving by email, telephone, fax, or through a central reservation system. Creates and maintains reservation records, prepares letters of confirmation and promptly processes any cancellations and modifications. Additional duties may include assisting in preregistration activities when appropriate, and processing advance reservation deposits.
Typical Duties: Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Previous hotel experience preferred but not required.
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Proficient computer skills and ability to operate general office equipment
- Proficiency with MS Word and MS Excel.
- Previous experience in the same or similar role
- Schedule flexibility including weekends and holidays.
- Ability to work flexible hours; morning and night shifts
- Ability to stand and walk for prolonged periods of time.
- Must be able to bend, stoop, kneel, squat, push and pull up to 25 pounds.