Job Openings at Beverly Hills Plaza Hotel & Spa
Job Title: Lead Cook
Job Id: 060820
Job Location: Beverly Hills, California, USA
Key Skills: Duties Include Preparing Ingredients, Adhering To The Restaurant Menu, And Following Food Health And Safety Procedures.
Experience: 2 - 5 Years
Department: Food & Beverage
- Set up workstations with all needed ingredients and cooking equipment.
- Prepare ingredients to use in cooking (chopping and peeling vegetables, cutting meat etc.)
- Knowledge of various cooking procedures and methods (grilling, baking, boiling etc.)
- Comply with health department standards, upholding these regulations at all times. Practice food handling
- Sanitation and rotation, equipment cleanliness and basic kitchen etiquette
- Prepare fresh ingredients for cooking according to recipes/menu.
- Test foods to ensure proper preparation and temperature.
- Operate kitchen equipment safely and responsibly
- Ensure the proper sanitation and cleanliness of surfaces and storage containers.
- Ensure great presentation by dressing dishes before they are served.
- Keep a sanitized and orderly environment in the kitchen.
- Ensure all food and other items are stored properly.
- Check quality of ingredients.
- Monitor stock and place orders when there are shortages.
Position Summary: Prepare and cook food according to recipes, quality standards, presentation standards, and food preparation checklist. Prepare cold foods. Duties include preparing ingredients, adhering to the restaurant menu, and following food health and safety procedures. Cook, clean, assist other cooks and staff and deliver food in a fast-paced environment. Work may include operating a grill, oven, or fryer. Monitor the quality and quantity of food that is prepared.
Typical Duties: Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Food handler certification
- Hotel Restaurant experience preferred
- Ability to read, comprehend, and follow recipes
- Working knowledge of sanitation procedures.
- Proven experience as cook.
- Ability to work mornings, nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Ability to stand or walk for 8-hour shifts.