Job Openings at Beverly Hills Plaza Hotel & Spa
Job Title: Houseman
Job Id: 212022
Job Location: Beverly Hills, California, USA
Key Skills: Hotel Housekeeping Department - Guest Rooms & Public Spaces
Experience: 0 - 1 Years
Salary: $$15.00 to $18.00/Hourly
- Stocks storage closets with towels, linens, and supplies.
- Pick up and remove dirty linen and trash throughout the day.
- Completes all furniture setups.
- Cleans floors and carpets within the hotel.
- Provides preventive maintenance to housekeeping machines such as vacuums, carpet extractors and floor machines.
- Cleans guest rooms when necessary.
- Maintains guest confidentiality at all times.
- Performs general janitorial duties in offices, and common areas such as vacuuming, dusting, and cleaning restrooms.
- Completes guest requests.
Position Summary: The houseman is responsible for major floor care projects, trash disposal, and the cleanliness and neatness of assigned common area. This job class requires knowledge of janitorial practices, equipment, supplies, procedures, and the ability to perform quality work in a safe manner.
Typical Duties: Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Previous janitorial experience preferred but not required.
- Must have 1- 2 years experience in Hotel industry.
- Ability to understand and follow instructions in English.
- Ability to communicate effectively and respond to questions and requests from guest and others.
- Must be able to lift and/or carry 50-70 pounds
- Must be able to bend, stoop, push, pull, kneel, and squat.
- Standing, and/ or walking (75-80%)
- Schedule flexibility including weekends and holidays.