Job Openings at Beverly Hills Plaza Hotel & Spa
Job Title: Maintenance Technician
Job Id: 021521
Job Location: Los Angeles, California, USA
Key Skills: Repairs, Plumbing, Electrical, Fire Detection And Protection, Aesthetic Work Requiring Cleaning, Painting And Some Carpentry; Or Tending To The Facility’s Machinery And HVAC.
Experience: 1 - 5 Years
- Perform routine maintenance inspections key hotel facility and equipment such as HVAC, fire detection and protection system, elevators, swimming pool/Jacuzzi.
- Promptly acknowledge and respond to concerns and requests by guests.
- Daily inspection of available guest rooms to perform any corrective maintenance needed.
- Repair broken or leaking plumbing, fix all drain problems.
- Repair or replace electrical fixtures and lightings.
- Install and maintain room appliances like TV, oven, microwave, refrigerators.
- Maintain the hotel’s HVAC system and routinely program room thermostats.
- Maintain communication systems like telephones, personnel radios, internet services and the business center computers.
- Service restaurant equipment as needed.
- Perform necessary painting tasks, patch-up works, and carpentry.
- Complete assigned work orders and initiate new ones when needed.
- Assist in ensuring grounds and common areas are free of trash and debris.
- Perform roof leak repairs or waterproofing as needed.
- Assist in renovations and new projects as maybe required.
- Keep all mechanical, electrical, control rooms and maintenance shop in a neat and orderly condition.
Position Summary: A Hotel Maintenance Technician ensures that the hotel remains in good operating form. The technician is expected to complete work orders from all departments on a timely basis by following the hotel’s standard operating procedures. Daily tasks will vary based on need, but will frequently include repairs, plumbing, electrical, fire detection and protection, aesthetic work requiring cleaning, painting and some carpentry; or tending to the facility’s machinery and HVAC.
Typical Duties: Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- A diverse mix of skills including: Electrical wiring and troubleshooting capabilities to manage problems with the building’s electricity.
- Must have 1- 2 experience in Hotel Industry.
- Plumbing knowledge to address leaks, clogs or other drainage problems.
- Mechanical aptitude to work on equipment, furniture, appliances and mechanical problems.
- Carpentry ability to handle basic repairs.
- Painting and patch up work.
- Ability to stand and walk for prolonged periods of time.
- Must be able to bend, stoop, kneel, squat, push and pull up to 50-75 pounds.
- Schedule flexibility including weekends and holidays.
Skills and Qualifications:
Benefits of working with Beverly Hills Plaza Hotel & Spa:
Medical, Dental & Vision
Paid Time Off
Free Onsite Parking
Discounted Employee Meal