Job Openings at Beverly Hills Plaza Hotel & Spa
Job Title: Dishwasher & Busboy
Job Id: 05052021
Job Location: Los Angeles, California, USA
Experience: 1 - 2 Years
- Ensure the kitchen is clean, well maintained and organized at all times.
- Ensure floors are dry and clean at all times.
- Operate dishwasher machinery and maintain a hygienic working environment.
- Adhere to all sanitation guidelines.
- Perform food preparation when necessary, such as chopping, slicing, dicing, mixing, etc.
- Assist the Cooks and Servers as and when necessary.
- Collects and removes trash from all areas of the operation following established procedures.
- Occasionally take room service orders by telephone.
- Deliver food and beverage to the guest's room.
- Serve drinks efficiently in the proper glass.
- Ensure trays and carts are removed from the hotel hallways.
- Cleans and sanitizes pots, pans, utensils, and other minor equipment routinely used in the kitchen following established procedures.
- Cleans and maintains floors and walls in kitchen and dish washing area by following standard procedures.
- Report any maintenance or hazard issues to Supervisor.
- Assist in light food preparation as directed by Cook on duty.
- Assist in serving food and beverages to guests and customers in the dining room.
- Report kitchen accidents or violations of food safety codes and procedures.
Position Summary: Duties include removing soiled plates and flatware from tables, resetting tables, washing dishes, china ware, flatware, cutlery, kitchen containers, sweeping and mopping floors, cleaning and detailing equipment's etc. May also include restocking items, receive and stock deliveries, empty and clean trash receptacles. Maintains the kitchen, dish washing and back area in an inspection-ready condition in accordance with local authority and hotel guidelines.
Typical Duties: Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Ability to obtain and maintain a food handler certification card
- Restaurant or customer service experience preferred
- Working knowledge of sanitation procedures
- Ability to work mornings, nights, weekends, and holidays
- Ability to stand or walk for 8-hour shifts.
- Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 50 pounds without assistance.
- Ability to read, write, and speak in English